Welcome to my recipe for a delicious and indulgent Mocha Cream Pie! As a barista, I know a thing or two about coffee-based treats, and this dessert is one of my absolute favorites.
Get ready to elevate your dessert game with this easy-to-follow recipe that will impress your guests and satisfy your cravings. Packed with rich chocolate and deep espresso flavor, this Mocha Cream Pie will take you on a decadent journey of taste buds pleasures.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just looking for a special treat to enjoy at home, this pie is guaranteed to wow you with its creamy texture and irresistible chocolate notes. Plus, it’s perfect for any occasion – from a casual summer barbecue to an elegant holiday feast.
So put on your apron and preheat your oven – it’s time to make a simple yet delicious mocha cream pie!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re a fan of creamy and decadent desserts, then you won’t be able to resist this chocolate mocha cream pie recipe. Trust me, as a professional barista, I know that this mocha cream pie can satisfy your caffeine cravings and sweet tooth at the same time!
This recipe is perfect for those who want to impress their dinner guests or treat themselves to something special. The combination of chocolate and coffee flavors in the mocha cream filling is heavenly while the whipped cream topping adds a light and fluffy touch.
Not only is this pie visually stunning with its color contrast of dark brown filling and white cream topping, but it also has a velvety texture that will melt in your mouth. This mocha cream pie is an indulgent dessert that will leave you wanting more.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s very easy to make. As a barista, I know that we all have busy schedules between work, school, or family responsibilities, but this recipe doesn’t require any complicated baking techniques or equipment.
Overall, this mocha cream pie recipe checks all the boxes for an unforgettable dessert – delicious flavors, easy preparation, and beautiful presentation. You definitely won’t regret giving it a try!
Here are the Ingredients you will need to make this delicious Mocha Cream Pie Recipe:
For the Pie Espresso Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoons Espresso Powder
For the Blind-Baked Pie Crust
- 2 cups Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter, melted
For the Mocha Pudding Filling
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- 4 Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Instant Espresso Powder
- 10 oz. Milk Chocolate, chopped
Make sure to have all these ingredients available before you start making your mocha cream pie.
The Recipe How-To
Here’s where we get into the nitty-gritty of making this Mocha Cream Pie Recipe. So let’s get started!
Ingredients for the pie crust:
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
Using a food processor, combine chocolate wafer crumbs and granulated sugar until fine. Add melted butter and pulse again until fully combined.
Press mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, making sure it’s even on the bottom and sides.
Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust is set, and then let it cool completely before filling with mocha pudding.
Ingredients for the mocha pudding filling:
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 oz milk chocolate, melted
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine whole milk, heavy cream, and instant espresso powder until hot but not boiling.
In a separate bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, cornstarch, and kosher salt until there are no clumps left.
Gradually add your dry mixture into the saucepan containing the hot liquid mixture while whisking continuously to avoid any lumps.
Tip: While you’re adding your dry mixture into your saucepan with your hot liquid mixture, remember to keep whisking consistently. This step helps prevent lumpy custards.
Once mixed and thicken, add melted milk chocolate and butter. Mix until fully combined.
Pour mixture into your prepared pie crust and even the top with a spatula.
Allow it to cool down and then chill for about 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for the whipped cream topping:
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup frozen mocha (brewed coffee, cooled)
In a saucepan, combine half-and-half, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and instant espresso powder. Stirring constantly over medium heat until it thickens up.
Remove from heat and let it cool completely before transferring to the fridge to chill out for at least 30 minutes but preferably 1 hour.
Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Gradually add chilled mo
Substitutions and Variations
Are you looking to switch things up from the classic Mocha Cream Pie recipe? There are plenty of substitutions and variations that you can try out. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
– Chocolate Brownie Base: Instead of using a traditional pie crust, why not switch things up with a chocolate brownie base? Combine 2 cups of chocolate wafer crumbs with ½ cup melted unsalted butter and press into the bottom and sides of your pie dish. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes, then let it cool before adding your mocha pudding filling on top.
– Frozen Mocha Pie: Want a cooler treat for summer? Instead of baking your pie, you can make it into a frozen dessert. Simply mix together your mocha cream ingredients as directed, then transfer to a prepared graham cracker crust. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until solid.
– Milk Chocolate Mocha Cream Pie: If you prefer a mellower chocolate flavor, switch out the semisweet chocolate chips in the recipe for milk chocolate instead.
– Espresso Whipped Cream Topping: Why not add an extra kick of espresso to your whipped cream topping? Add 1-2 teaspoons of instant espresso powder to your whipped cream mixture before beating it until stiff peaks form.
– Cream Cheese Mocha Cream Pie: For those who love a tangy twist, try substituting half of the heavy cream with cream cheese in the mocha cream mixture. Just make sure to beat the cream cheese separately before adding it into the mixture so it doesn’t become lumpy.
Don’t be afraid to have some fun and experiment with your Mocha Cream Pie recipe. These simple substitutions and variations can bring new flavors and textures to this classic dessert.
Serving and Pairing
Ooh la la! You’ve done it, my friend. Your easy mocha cream pie is now all set to rock and roll at your party. The flavors of chocolate and brewed coffee blend perfectly in this delightful dessert, providing an indulgent experience that’ll have your taste buds singing.
The beauty of this mocha cream pie recipe isn’t just in its taste – it’s a dessert that can be served at any time and on any occasion. It pairs well with almost anything, from a morning cup of joe to an after-dinner port wine.
To get the full effect of the flavors, we suggest serving the pie chilled after refrigerating for a couple of hours. Cut through the mocha pie into slices, forming triangle pieces that are easy to handle. Top it off with a dollop of homemade whipped cream, and sprinkle some cocoa powder on top as a garnish.
If you’re hosting a dinner party, serve your friends a slice of heaven with this chocolate mocha cream pie as dessert. A dark espresso or cappuccino would be the perfect pairing during your meal. For an evening snack rotation or a casual afternoon tea party why not make things extra special and add vanilla ice cream on top?
The possibilities of pairing this easy mocha cream pie recipe are endless – it’s entirely up to you and the occasion at hand. So go ahead and indulge yourself with this rich and flavorful dessert. You deserve it!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Once you’ve whipped up this creamy mocha pie, you might be wondering whether it’s possible to make it in advance or store leftover slices. The answer is absolutely yes! Not only is this recipe easy to make ahead, it’s also perfect for storing and reheating.
If you want to make this pie a day ahead of your party or gathering, simply cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days. The pie will still taste amazing and retain its creamy texture. Just remember to garnish with freshly whipped cream and chocolate shavings after reheating.
When it comes to storing leftover slices, I recommend placing them in an airtight container and keeping them in the fridge for up to three days. You can enjoy a slice (or two) whenever you have a craving for something deliciously decadent.
If you like warm pie, the best way to reheat a slice is by popping it in the oven at 350°F for about 10-12 minutes. This will help bring back the crispy texture of the crust while keeping the filling appropriately heated. Alternatively, you can reheat individual slices in the microwave by placing them on a microwave-safe plate and heating on high for about 30 seconds.
No matter how you choose to store or reheat your mocha cream pie, one thing is for sure: its heavenly flavor will stay with you long after every last bite has been enjoyed.
Tips for Perfect Results
If you want to make the perfect Mocha Cream Pie that wows everyone, I want to share with you some tips that will help you achieve exactly that. These tips will help you make a creamy, rich and delicious pie that will tantalize your tastebuds and leave you wanting more.
Firstly, when making the pie crust, make sure to use cold butter and ice water. This will keep the dough from becoming too warm and ensure a flaky texture. If using a food processor, pulse the mixture just until it forms into a ball, do not overmix it. When it comes to blind baking the pie crust, don’t skip this important step as it prevents a soggy bottom.
Secondly, for the cream filling, make sure to mix together the cornstarch and sugar before adding them into the mixture. It helps prevent lumps in your pudding filling. The espresso powder plays an important role in this recipe because this is what gives that delightful mocha flavoring. Use high-quality espresso powder or instant espresso so that the flavoring is spot on.
Thirdly, make sure to let the pie chill completely before serving. It’s important to give the filling time to set properly so that when you cut into your slice of pie it holds its shape.
Finally, let’s talk about presentation. You can take your Mocha Cream Pie up a notch by topping it off with whipped cream or espresso whipped cream. A simple sprinkling of cocoa powder or shaved chocolate and chocolate-covered coffee beans can add both texture and appeal.
Remember cooking is all about experimenting and perfecting your techniques so have fun with it! These tips should help you create that perfect Mocha Cream Pie but feel free to customize it by using a brownie base or different toppings like frozen mocha cubes or cream cheese frosting.
I hope these tips will be helpful for making your own version of this amazing dessert. Enjoy!
In conclusion, this mocha cream pie recipe is an irresistible dessert that will wow your guests and satisfy your cravings. With its decadent chocolate mocha pudding filling and espresso whipped cream topping, it’s a high-quality dessert experience that you can create in the comfort of your own home.
While this recipe may seem intimidating at first, I assure you that with the right ingredients and following the step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to whip up a delicious mocha cream pie that’ll rival any pastry chef’s offering.
So, gather up your ingredients and let’s get baking! It’s time to indulge in some mouth-watering chocolatey goodness. Trust me; your taste buds will thank you later!
MOCHa CREAM PIE Recipe
- 40 chocolate wafer cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup heavy cream
- chocolate shavings, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Process cookies, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor until fine crumbs form, 15 to 30 seconds. Add butter and pulse to combine, 5 to 10 times. Press cookie mixture in the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake, on a baking sheet, until crust is dry and set, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl. Whisk together cornstarch, egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Whisk in half-and-half and coffee. Cook over medium low heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and the whisk holds a trail, 6 to 8 minutes. Strain over chocolate chips.
- Transfer pudding to a cooled crust and smooth top. Press plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding. Chill, at least 4 hours.
- Discard plastic wrap. Whip cream and 2 tablespoons sugar to medium peaks and dollop over chilled pie.
- Serve topped with shaved chocolate.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You