Greetings coffee lovers! Are you ready for a dessert that combines the delicious flavors of mocha and cheesecake? I am excited to share with you my recipe for Frozen Mocha Cheesecake.
As a barista, I know the importance of a good cup of coffee, but sometimes we all crave something sweet to satisfy our sweet tooth. This is where the Frozen Mocha Cheesecake comes in – it provides the perfect balance of rich and creamy cheesecake, combined with the bold and indulgent taste of mocha.
This recipe is quick and easy to follow, and perfect for anyone who loves chocolate, coffee, or dessert in general. Whether you’re looking to impress guests at your next dinner party or simply want something sweet to enjoy at home, this Frozen Mocha Cheesecake is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
So grab your apron and start gathering your ingredients – let’s get started on making this scrumptious dessert that is sure to become one of your favorites!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I’d like to take a moment to tell you why you’re going to love this Frozen Mocha Cheesecake recipe. If you’re someone who likes coffee-flavored desserts and creamy cheesecakes, then this dessert is right up your alley. Trust me, one bite of this frozen mocha cheesecake will leave you wanting more.
First of all, let’s talk about the base: chocolate wafer cookie crumbs mixed with butter make for a crunchy and buttery crust that perfectly balances out the creamy filling. Speaking of the filling, it’s made using cream cheese mixed with condensed milk, hot coffee granules, and milk chocolate chips. All these ingredients come together to make an ultra smooth and decadent filling that melts in your mouth with every bite.
But here’s where it gets better: we freeze the cheesecake overnight. Once it’s time to serve, you’ll get to experience a creamy and rich cheesecake that has a texture similar to ice cream. It’s refreshing, indulgent, and simply amazing!
Plus, this dessert is perfect for entertaining since it can be made ahead of time and frozen until ready to serve. It’s low maintenance and perfect for the summer months when you want something sweet but not too heavy.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a showstopping dessert that requires minimal effort but yields maximum flavor and impresses everyone at the party – this Frozen Mocha Cheesecake recipe is the winner. Let its decadence speak for itself as every mouthful takes your tastebuds on a heavenly journey!
Let’s dive into the ingredients needed for our Frozen Mocha Cheesecake. Here’s what you’ll need:
For the Crust:
- 2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup50 ml melted butter
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup50 granulated sugar
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, frozen
- 1 can(14 oz) Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup(125 ml) brewed hot coffee, strong
- 1/2 cup(125 ml) chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon(15 ml) instant coffee granules, dissolved in hot water (1/4 cup / 60 ml)
- 4 cups chocolate ice cream
- Chocolate shavings for decoration
Make sure to gather all the ingredients and check your kitchen cupboard for any supplements that you might need before starting with the recipe.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gone through the ingredient list and why you’ll love this recipe, it’s time to get into the fun part – making your Frozen Mocha Cheesecake.
Ingredients for the Crust
- 1 and 1/2 cups of chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
Step 1: In a medium bowl, stir together the chocolate wafer cookie crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter until the mixture becomes damp.
Step 2: Press the mixture evenly onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside while you prepare the filling.
Ingredients for the Filling
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon of instant coffee granules mixed with 1 tablespoon of hot water until smooth and dissolved
- 1 can (14 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk
- Milk chocolate syrup in a decorative pattern on top (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
Step 3: In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
PRO TIP: Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so it’s easier to beat!
Step 4: Add in the instant coffee mix and sweetened condensed milk, then continue to beat until well mixed.
Step 5: Pour the filling mixture over prepared crust in your pan.
PRO TIP: For a beautiful design, use milk chocolate syrup to make swirls or any other decoration on top before freezing.
Step 6: Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least three hours or until set.
PRO TIP: For best results, freeze overnight.
Defrosting and Serving Your Cheesecake
Step 7: Before serving, remove the cheesecake from the freezer and allow it to defrost at room temperature for a few minutes.
PRO TIP: To defrost faster, place in the refrigerator for an hour.
Step 8: Release the sides of the pan by running a hot knife through the edges of frozen cheesecake.
PRO TIP: Dip the knife in hot water before every cut to make it easier!
Step 9: Serve with whipped cream or any topping of your choice, and enjoy!
Now that you know how to make this delicious Frozen Mocha Cheesecake, it’s time for you to put your barista skills to work in your own kitchen!
Substitutions and Variations
As a barista and pastry enthusiast, I understand that everyone has their own unique taste preferences and dietary restrictions. So, if you’re looking to switch things up with this recipe or make it your own, here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Low carb: Instead of using chocolate wafer cookies for the crust, use crushed almonds or pecans mixed with a bit of melted butter for a low carb option. And for the sugar in the crust and filling, use a low-carb sweetener like erythritol or stevia.
– Coffee cheesecake: To really bring out the coffee flavor in this mocha cheesecake recipe, try replacing half of the milk chocolate with dark chocolate and adding an extra tablespoon of instant coffee to the filling.
– No-bake mocha cheesecake: If you don’t want to turn on your oven during hot summer months, turn this recipe into a no-bake dessert! Simply use a pre-made graham cracker crust for the base and mix together 8 ounces of cream cheese with 1/4 cup50 ml of condensed milk and 1 tablespoon of instant coffee. Pour the mixture onto the crust and freeze until firm.
– Chocolate ripple: Take this frozen mocha cheesecake to the next level by swirling in some chocolate syrup or melted milk chocolate throughout the filling before freezing.
– Gluten-free: Swap out the traditional cookie crumbs for gluten-free ones made from almond flour or gluten-free oats. Most cream cheese brands should be gluten-free, but make sure to double-check the label.
Remember, experimentation is key in creating your perfect dessert! Just have fun with it and enjoy the process.
Serving and Pairing
Now that you’ve made this decadent frozen mocha cheesecake, it’s time to enjoy it with some fabulous pairings! This dessert is best served frozen and is perfect when you have company over, or simply when you feel like indulging in a delicious dessert.
One wonderful pairing is with a hot cup of coffee. The rich coffee flavor in the cheesecake complements the coffee beverage very well, creating a satisfying combination. You could also try adding a dollop of whipped cream or your favorite fruit on top to balance out the richness of the cheesecake.
For a more indulgent experience, pair this dessert with a creamy liqueur such as Bailey’s Irish Cream or even Kahlua. The liqueurs will enhance the flavor of the mocha cheesecake and create an even more heavenly experience for your taste buds.
Another option to consider is serving this dessert with fresh berries or chocolate syrup on top. These toppings will add some brightness and an extra layer of flavor to the already scrumptious cheesecake.
The frozen mocha cheesecake can also be served alongside other desserts such as tiramisu or black forest cake. This creates an assortment of flavors and textures, which guests will enjoy tasting through.
No matter how you choose to serve this dessert, be sure to freeze it ahead of time, for at least 4 hours before serving. It is recommended to defrost it slightly before serving but ensure that it does not melt entirely.
With these pairing suggestions at hand, now comes the time for you to savor every bite of the frozen mocha cheesecake!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the best parts about this frozen mocha cheesecake recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and store it in your freezer until needed. This makes it the perfect dessert option for busy hosts or those who love to plan ahead. Once you’ve made the cheesecake, allow it to cool completely before covering it with plastic wrap and foil, and storing it in the freezer.
When storing in the freezer, the cheesecake should be kept in a sturdy container with a tight lid. This will help protect it from freezer burn and keep its texture intact. The cheesecake can stay frozen for up to two months, giving you plenty of time to plan your dessert menu.
To serve the cheesecake, remove it from the freezer and allow it to defrost on your kitchen counter for 15-20 minutes. This will ensure that you can easily cut through it without any hassle. Another perk of this recipe is that it doesn’t change texture or flavor when defrosted, making it a perfect go-to option for last-minute dessert preparations.
If you want to reheat and serve individual slices of frozen mocha cheesecake, there’s no need to fully defrost them first. Simply microwave them for 10-15 seconds until they’re just warmed through without melting the cream cheese filling too much.
Using these make-ahead, storing, and reheating tips will guarantee that your guests always receive a delicious and ready-to-eat frozen mocha cheesecake that’s perfectly chilled and creamy all year round!
Tips for Perfect Results
Making a perfect Frozen Mocha Cheesecake might seem like a daunting task for some, but don’t worry, I’ve got all the tips and tricks to help you make the most delicious cheesecake ever! Here are some things you should keep in mind while making this recipe:
1. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before using it. This is important because it will make it easier to beat and give your cheesecake a smooth consistency.
2. Use a good quality chocolate wafer cookie for the crust. The crust is the foundation of your cheesecake, so you want to make sure it’s both crispy and flavorful.
3. In order to get that perfect mocha flavor, dissolve the instant coffee granules in hot water. This way, you’ll prevent any unwanted clumps and have a smooth dissolve.
4. When beating your cream cheese, make sure to add the Eagle Brand condensed milk slowly and mix well in between each addition. This will guarantee a fluffy texture.
5. Use good quality milk chocolate for the topping, as this will give your cheesecake an extra touch of sweetness without overpowering the mocha flavor.
6. For best results, freeze your cheesecake for at least 4 hours before serving. You can also freeze it overnight if you prefer.
7. When freezing your cheesecake, don’t cover it with plastic wrap until it’s completely frozen to prevent any damage on the surface.
8. If you want to store your Frozen Mocha Cheesecake for later use, it’s best to defrost it outside the fridge at least an hour before serving or leave it overnight in the fridge so that it softens up.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make an incredible Frozen Mocha Cheesecake that will surely impress everyone who tries it!
Now that you have learned how to make a delicious and tempting frozen mocha cheesecake, it’s likely that you have some lingering questions about the recipe. To address these inquiries, I have put together a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ) with detailed answers and tips to ensure the best results possible. Let’s dive in!
Can I freeze no-bake cheesecake to make it set faster?
When your cheesecake hasn’t yet achieved the desired firmness after cooling it, you can put it in the freezer for a while to help it set up. However, it’s important to be cautious not to leave it there unwrapped for too long since it can lead to a coarse texture.
How do you serve frozen cheesecake?
When it comes to serving cheesecakes, it is recommended to serve them at room temperature. In case you have stored the cheesecake in the freezer, it is advised to transfer it to the fridge and leave it overnight for defrosting. Once it is defrosted, give it 3 hours to reach room temperature before serving. If you opt for thawing on the counter, then you need to allow 4-5 hours for defrosting before serving.
Can cheesecake be frozen successfully?
When you have fully covered your cheesecake, be it as a whole or in slices, using plastic wrap, it is recommended that you wrap it again with foil to optimize its preservation. Don’t forget to label it with the date before storing it in the freezer for up to two months, one month being the optimal time for storage.
Does freezing cheesecake change the texture?
If you’re looking to enjoy cheesecake on your own terms, then storing, freezing, and defrosting it are crucial steps to ensure that you do not sacrifice any quality or texture. Continue reading to learn the best methods to do so.
In conclusion, the frozen mocha cheesecake recipe is a delectable dessert that will tantalize your taste buds with its creamy and chocolaty goodness. With its easy-to-follow instructions and simple ingredients list, even inexperienced cooks can impress their family and friends with this impressive dessert. Plus, the flexibility of this recipe allows for endless variations and substitutions to cater to different diets and preferences. Whether you’re making it for a special occasion or just to indulge in a sweet treat, the frozen mocha cheesecake is a dessert that won’t disappoint. So why not try making it today and experience the heavenly delight of this delicious dessert?
Frozen Mocha Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces condensed milk, sweetened
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Combine together cookie crumbs with butter and sugar.
- Pat evenly on bottom and sides of an 9 inch springform pan.
- Cream together cream cheese,milk,chocolate syrup and coffee liqueur.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over crust.
- Freeze at least 6 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate covered coffe beans.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You