Hear me, O coffee lovers, for I have a treat that will thrill your taste buds and warm your hearts. It is none other than the vegan mocha cheesecake, a dessert so divine that it will make you forget all your worries and crave for more.
Good sirs and gentle ladies, this recipe is no ordinary cheesecake, for it is crafted with the finest ingredients fit for a king or queen. From the raw cacao powder to the organic maple syrup, every component screams quality and healthfulness. This dessert is gluten-free, plant-based, and contains no dairy nor animal products. Therefore, those who seek a dessert that is both delightful and beneficial to their well-being need look no further.
Fear not, dear reader, if you think that creating such a masterpiece is beyond your skills. I shall guide you step by step through the recipe and offer my tips for perfect results. In return, all I ask is that you come with an open mind and heart and be ready to enjoy yourself.
So let us begin this journey of pleasure and discovery towards the heavenly vegan mocha cheesecake.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Ladies and gentlemen, I am thrilled to share a recipe that will take you on a heavenly journey with every bite. Behold the vegan mocha cheesecake – a delicious dessert that will knock your socks off!
Let me tell you why you’ll fall in love with this recipe. Firstly, it is entirely plant-based, so there’s no dairy or animal products involved. You can indulge in its creamy goodness without any guilt or harm to our furry friends.
Secondly, it’s a healthy bake. Made with raw cashews, soaked water, and almonds blended into a smooth consistency, this cheesecake is full of healthy fats and vitamins that are excellent for your body.
Thirdly, who doesn’t like coffee?! This vegan mocha cheesecake has a bold coffee flavor blended with dark raw cacao powder, giving you the perfect combination of flavors.
What’s even better? This cheesecake is equally satisfying with or without baking! You have options to bake or not, making this dessert perfect for any occasion. It’s also gluten-free, so anyone with gluten intolerance can enjoy it too.
Now let’s talk about the most critical point – the taste! With a silky-smooth texture that melts in your mouth and an incredible combination of espresso and chocolate flavors, you’ll be drooling for more. It’s like having a party in your mouth!
In conclusion, this vegan mocha cheesecake recipe is too good not to try. From its creamy texture that satisfies all cravings to its guilt-free ingredients and fantastic combination of flavors, it has everything you need in a dessert. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
Making a delicious vegan mocha cheesecake will require an abundance of scrumptious ingredients. Here is what you will need to prepare this succulent and creamy dessert:
- Crust: 1 1/2 cups raw almonds, 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 4 hours, 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Filling: 3 cups raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 4 hours), 1 can (13.5 ounces) full-fat coconut milk, 1 block (12 to 14 ounces) silken tofu, 1 cup strong coffee or espresso (cooled), 1/2 cup maple syrup, ¼ cup coconut sugar, 2 tbsp gluten-free flour, 2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, a pinch of salt
- Chocolate Mocha Swirl Topping (optional): Note: If not adding the swirl, double the mocha chocolate cheesecake layer recipe below.
- Mocha Chocolate Cheesecake Layer: 1 cup unsweetened soymilk, warm (microwave for about one minute), 2 tablespoons instant coffee, 150 g dark chocolate*, roughly chopped or chocolate chips.
- Whipped Cream Topping (optional): Note: If adding whipped cream topping.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gone over the ingredient list, it’s time to start making this divine vegan mocha cheesecake. Trust me, this recipe is much easier to put together than you would initially think! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make it happen.
Step 1: Make the Crust
- Take 1 1/2 cups of raw almonds and pulse them in a food processor until they are finely ground.
- Add in ½ cup of raw cacao powder, ½ cup of coconut sugar, and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil. Mix until well combined.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan until it is firm.
Step 2: Prepare the Filling
First, blend together the following ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth:
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight or for at least 4 hours)
- 150 g silken tofu
- 1 cup of soymilk
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of espresso
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Then separately blend together these ingredients:
- ½ cup of cashew nut cream cheese sugar (see notes for alternative cheesecake recipes)
- 1/3 cup of mocha chocolate vegan creamer
- 2 tbsp of Raw Cacao Powder
Step 3: Combine the Filling and Bake
Mix both the blended fillings together in a mixing bowl and pour them into the prepared crust. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
Bake your vegan cheesecake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175C) for around an hour. Then, reduce the temperature to 225 degrees Fahrenheit (110C) and bake for another hour.
Afterward, turn off the oven and let your mocha cheesecake cool and set completely for about an hour. To remove it, run a knife around the edges of the pan to release the springform.
Step 4: Add Toppings and Serve!
Finally, our vegan mocha cheesecake is just about ready to devour! Feel free to garnish the top with espresso beans, whipped coconut cream, chocolate chips, or whatever inspires you. Slice up and enjoy your scrumptious vegan creation!
Substitutions and Variations
Methinks, a good recipe should allow itself certain freedoms of adaptation, and this Vegan Mocha Cheesecake Recipe is no different. Fear not if thou dost not possess all the ingredients listed in the original – for I shall provide thee with suggestions for substitutions and variations.
Firstly, if thou art not a fan of cashews or dost have an allergy thereunto, fear not. Thou may use almonds instead of cashews as a base to achieve an altogether wholesome flavor. Alternatively, macadamia nuts also work splendidly as a substitute for the cashews.
Next, if thou wishes to lessen the intensity of the mocha chocolate vegan and its coffee flavors, methinks thou may reduce the amount of coffee used in this recipe. An espresso shot or two shall suffice; as they say “too much of anything is good for nothing”.
Shouldst thou not wish to include sugar in thy cheesecake, fear not! Thou canst substitute maple syrup with dates or other natural sweeteners such as honey, agave nectar, or even coconut sugar.
Methinks thou shouldst also experiment with different crusts. Whilst a raw almond-based crust is great for maintaining the vegan and gluten-free status of this dessert; supposest thou wouldst use graham crackers crust or perhaps experiment with oats, cinnamon or gingerbread-based crust to add more flavor or change their texture.
Finally, methinks thee should get creative with decorating thy cheesecake. Whilst sauce made from mocha chocolate and vegan whipped cream are favorites; one could also try incorporating swirls made from raspberry sauce or salted caramel over its surface. The possibilities are endless!
With these substitutions and variations recommended sonnets, let us make our way back to the kitchen and further indulge in our love for baking cakes that remain evergreen.
Serving and Pairing
Hark! Once thy vegan mocha cheesecake hath chilled for a fair four hours and delightfully hardened, it is now time to serve and indulge.
Be not afraid to garnish thy cheesecake with some freshly sliced fruits or even a sprinkle of raw cacao powder. The sweet maple syrup that lingers in every bite of thy vegan mocha cheesecake pairs perfectly with a rich and bold cup of coffee, espresso or even a cup of soymilk to balance the bitterness.
This dessert is perfect for any occasion – from intimate gatherings to grand feasts. Thy guests shall be astounded by the luscious texture and exquisite flavors of this scrumptious vegan mocha cheesecake. Fear not, for this plant-based delicacy shall astound even the most discerning guest.
For an added twist, try pairing it with nutty flavors such as almond milk or some roasted cashews. With its creamy dairy-free goodness and rich mocha chocolate flavor, thy vegan mocha cheesecake shall become the pinnacle of the evening’s entertainment, setting the stage for all dessert aficionados to enthrall in its divine glory.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Good sir, to truly make this Vegan Mocha Cheesecake Recipe the perfect dessert for any occasion, one must prepare themselves accordingly. Fear not, for with a few simple steps you shall have no issues storing and reheating this delightful dish.
To begin, I recommend making this vegan mocha cheesecake in advance whenever possible. It keeps well in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to a month. Therefore, if thou art planning for an upcoming event or gathering, I suggest that you bake it a day or two ahead of time as it makes for an easy and stress-free dessert option.
When it is time to store your delicious creation, simply cover it tightly with plastic wrap or a lid and store it in the fridge or freezer as desired. If thou art keeping it in the refrigerator, ensure that you place it on a level surface so that it does not tip over and spill.
When reheating this vegan mocha cheesecake, it is best to let it thaw naturally first if stored in the freezer. Once that is done you can then let it come up to room temperature gradually before serving. Another option would be to take individual pieces out of the freezer and heat them briefly in the microwave for 15-30 seconds before eating. However, make sure that you do not overheat them so they don’t lose their shape and consistency.
Whether thou art dining with thy kin or hosting any form of gathering or celebration; having a proper plan for storage and reheating will ensure your vegan mocha cheesecake tastes just as delicious as when it was initially baked.
Tips for Perfect Results
To make sure your vegan mocha cheesecake comes out perfectly, here are some helpful tips:
1. Soak the cashews properly: To ensure a smooth and creamy texture, soak raw cashews for at least 4 hours or overnight. Drain the soaking liquid and rinse the cashews before using them.
2. Make sure the cheesecake is completely chilled: This is important to achieve a firm and sliceable cheesecake. It is recommended to chill the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Use quality ingredients: The key to a delicious vegan mocha cheesecake lies in using high-quality ingredients such as raw cacao powder, good-quality coffee, and pure maple syrup.
4. Add your own twist: Feel free to add your own variations to the recipe by incorporating toppings like fresh berries, toasted coconut flakes, or chopped nuts.
5. Keep an eye on baking times: If making a baked version, be mindful of baking times to prevent overbaking that can result in a dry consistency.
6. Don’t rush the process: Be patient and follow the instructions carefully, including cooling times and chilling in between layers.
7. Use silken tofu for creaminess: Instead of relying solely on nut-based fillings, try using silken tofu for additional creaminess while still keeping it plant-based.
8. Experiment with coffee flavors: Try experimenting with different types of coffee to change up the flavor profile of your mocha cheesecake. From espresso to cold brew, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Remember these tips to elevate your vegan mocha cheesecake game and impress anyone who tries it!
Therefore, it’s time for the FAQ section, where I’ll try to answer some of the most common questions about this vegan mocha cheesecake recipe. Make sure to read through these carefully to avoid any confusion and achieve tasty and successful results every time you bake this delightful dessert.
What is vegan cheesecake made of?
Get ready to be amazed by this unique vegan cheesecake recipe that uses cauliflower as the key ingredient for a creamy and low-fat filling. Unlike traditional vegan cheesecake recipes that rely on tofu, cashews or vegan cheese, this recipe takes an unconventional approach that is bound to make your taste buds happy.
Can I put cheesecake in the freezer?
Do you have a love affair with cheesecake? Well, good news! You can freeze cheesecake for up to a month and it won’t lose its flavor. In fact, many cheesecake recipes taste even better the following day. So, if you want to satisfy your sweet tooth on the fly, I have some award-winning cheesecake recipes that might just do the trick. And whether you want to freeze the whole cake or cut it into slices, I’ve got you covered.
And there you have it, folks! A delicious and healthy recipe for a vegan mocha cheesecake that is sure to impress everyone with its rich flavor and texture. It’s a no-bake dessert that’s perfect for any occasion, from birthday parties to holiday gatherings.
Not only does this recipe taste amazing, but it’s also plant-based, dairy-free, gluten-free, and packed with wholesome ingredients like raw cashews and tofu. And let’s not forget the star of the show – mocha chocolate! Who doesn’t love the combination of coffee and chocolate?
So next time you’re looking for a dessert that won’t leave you feeling guilty, give this vegan mocha cheesecake recipe a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
And if you’re still not convinced that plant-based desserts can be just as delicious as their traditional counterparts, I encourage you to open your mind (and your taste buds!) and give it a try. You might be surprised at how much you love it.
Let’s embrace healthier eating habits without sacrificing flavor or fun. With recipes like this one, we can satisfy our sweet tooth while taking care of our bodies and the planet.
Thank you for reading, happy baking!
Vegan Mocha Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 crumb pie crust, for 8 inch springform pan,your favorite
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate (6 squares)
- 1 1/2 lbs soy cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cups silken tofu
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1/3 cup double-strength coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate in the top part of a double boiler.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and the sugar until light.
- Add 1 cup of the tofu, beating thoroughly after each.
- Blend 1/2 cup tofu and the soy milk.
- Add to cheese, sugar and tofu mixture.
- Pour the melted chocolate slowly into the cheese mixture and add the coffee and vanilla.
- Mix to blend ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for about 45 minutes, or until edges of the cake are puffed up slightly.
- Cool in the oven with the door cracked open, then cool to room temperature.
Add Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You