Deliciously Decadent Cappuccino Brownies Recipe
Greetings coffee lovers, it’s your favorite barista here! Today, I introduce you to something indulgent – cappuccino brownies with cream cheese frosting and glaze! You read that right – it’s like having two of your favorite desserts rolled into one. This is my go-to recipe when I need an extra pick-me-up and want something sweet to enjoy.
The decadent cappuccino brownie base is fudgy, chocolatey, and infused with the zing of instant espresso powder, a perfect match for your morning brew or an after-dinner treat. The brownie base is topped with a generous layer of creamy and smooth cream cheese frosting that is reminiscent of your favorite breakfast bagel spread. To top off this heavenly dessert, a luxurious chocolate glaze drizzle seals the deal.
Trust me, this recipe will be the talk of any gathering or potluck event that you bring it to. The best part is that it’s simple to make and has very few ingredients.
I know you’re curious about the recipe now. It’s time to gather up those ingredients because you’re in for a treat!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a fan of cappuccino? How about brownies? If you answered yes to both, then my cappuccino brownies recipe is just for you.
Picture this: decadent fudgy brownie base topped with a creamy layer of cheesecake, and finished off with a mouthwatering chocolate glaze. It’s the perfect marriage of flavors that brings together the richness of bittersweet chocolate and the smoothness of cream cheese. And let’s not forget the infusion of instant espresso powder that provides a lovely coffee undertone in each bite, reminiscent of your favorite cappuccino.
These cappuccino brownies are not your average dessert – they’re the perfect balance between indulgence and sophistication. They’re ideal for special occasions when you want to impress your guests with something more than just plain chocolate brownies but also great for an afternoon coffee break or a lazy night in.
One reason you’ll love this recipe is that it’s versatile. If you’re looking for something to mix up in your baked goods routine, these cappuccino brownies make a refreshing change from your everyday banana bread or traditional chocolate cake. Plus, they’re easy to customize – add some walnuts if you like nuts or chocolate chips if you want super-rich flavor.
The second reason is that this recipe utilizes simple ingredients that most kitchens have on hand like flour, sugar, and butter; plus, it requires only a few additional ingredients such as cream cheese, instant espresso powder, and bittersweet chocolate to complete. You don’t have to worry about hunting down any expensive or rare ingredients at specialty shops.
Finally, you’ll love this recipe because it’s perfectly balanced! The brownie base is rich and fudgy without being too dense or too sweet. The cheesecake layer packs just the right amount of tanginess without overpowering the chocolatey notes; meanwhile, chocolate glaze crowns the browns with a glossy finish that will get your taste buds dancing.
Overall, this recipe checks all the boxes – it’s delicious, easy to make, requires simple ingredients plus some pantry staples which makes it perfect for any dessert emergency. Once you try my cappuccino brownies recipe, I guarantee you’ll soon find yourself craving these every single day.
Let me introduce you to the star players in this Decadent Cappuccino Brownies With Cream Cheese Frosting and Glaze Recipe. Here is what you will need to gather from your pantry and fridge for this sumptuous dessert:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 4 tsp. instant espresso powder
Cappuccino Cream Cheese Layer:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp. instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped (use unsweetened or semisweet)
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. heavy cream
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 – 4 tablespoons whole milk or cream (depending on your desired consistency)
(Feel free to add walnuts or chocolate chips to the tops of the brownies before baking)
The Recipe How-To
Now, let’s delve into the recipe how-to. This recipe utilizes fudgy cappuccino brownie as its base topped with cream cheese layer and then a layer of chocolate glaze frosting. Be prepared to bake some of the most decadent cappuccino brownies ever tasted!
For the brownie layer, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). In a large saucepan, melt 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter or 12 tablespoons (170 g) with 4 ounces (115 g) of bittersweet chocolate (use unsweetened, semisweet, or bittersweet chocolate – your preference) over low heat, whisking occasionally. Once melted and smooth, remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of instant espresso powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
Next, add in 2 cups (400 g) granulated sugar, whisking gently but thoroughly until well-combined. Then stir in 3 large eggs that have been lightly beaten along with an additional egg yolk. Pour in 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour and a pinch of salt, folding it into the mixture until just combined.
Cream Cheese Layer
For the cream cheese layer, use an electric mixer to blend together 8 oz. (225 g) softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, 6 tablespoons softened unsalted butter, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract to make cream cheese frosting.
For the chocolate glaze frosting, start by melting together 4 oz. (115 g) bittersweet chocolate that is chopped well or in chips (again, unsweetened or semisweet chocolate is fine) along with three tablespoons of unsalted butter that is softened. Once melted, whisk in 1/2 cup of powdered sugar into the chocolate mixture, followed by 2 oz. (60 ml) of heavy cream to make the cream cheese glaze.
Assembling the Layers
Once each layer is made, it’s time to assemble! Pour your brownie batter into a greased 9×13-inch baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center.
Allow the brownies cool for around 30 minutes, then spread the cream cheese frosting gracefully over top using an offset spatula or butter knife to choose an even consistency. Place the brownies in the refrigerator until firm enough to frost with chocolate glaze – this should take about another hour or so.
When ready, pour the chocolate glaze slowly over top of your brownies until it’s all evenly covered. Allow the glaze to set in place and you have your delicious cappuccino
Substitutions and Variations
As a barista and lover of creative recipe variations, I understand the desire to switch things up in the kitchen. Here are some substitution and variation ideas for the cappuccino brownies with cream cheese frosting and glaze recipe that will keep your taste buds engaged:
– Espresso powder: If you don’t have instant espresso powder on hand, you can swap it for instant coffee granules or simply leave it out altogether. However, keep in mind that the cappuccino flavor may not be as pronounced.
– Nuts: The recipe calls for walnuts, but feel free to use whatever nut you prefer or omit them entirely if allergies are a concern. Pecans and almonds would be great alternatives to switch things up.
– Chocolate: Bittersweet chocolate is used to give these brownies their rich chocolate flavor, but you can experiment with using milk chocolate, dark chocolate or even white chocolate for a different twist. You could also try using chocolate chips instead of chopped chocolate for a more uniform appearance.
– Frosting and Glaze: Though this recipe uses cream cheese frosting and chocolate glaze, you can get creative with other frosting flavors. Cherry vanilla coffee cake cream cheese icing or powdered sugar glaze would also pair well with these decadent cappuccino brownies.
– Brownies: If you’d like to switch up the entire base of the recipe, there are many other fun variations you can experiment with! Banana cake or banana bread brownies with cream cheese frosting would be great for brunch, while red velvet brownies with a fluffy cream cheese layer would be perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Remember that experimenting in the kitchen is all about trial and error. Don’t be afraid to test out new ingredients or methods to find your perfect flavor profile. Enjoy!
Serving and Pairing
As you decide to indulge in the decadent cappuccino brownies, it’s important to consider how to serve and pair them. These brownies are a delight on their own and can be served as a dessert or in-between snack. They pair well with a hot cup of coffee or espresso for a complete cappuccino experience. Alternatively, a cold glass of milk can nicely complement the richness of these brownies.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try pairing these brownies with banana cake or bread, red velvet brownies, bundt cake or chocolate cake for a more extravagant dessert spread. You can also top them with fresh berries such as raspberries, strawberries or blueberries for an added fruity element.
For a luxurious twist, glaze the brownies with powdered sugar glaze before serving. You can also add chocolate chips or toasted walnuts on top for an extra crunch and flavor profile that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
No matter how you choose to serve and pair them, these cappuccino cream cheese frosting brownies will surely become your new favorite dessert recipe with their rich flavors and irresistible aromas.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
As a barista and culinary expert, I know how important it is to make the most of your time in the kitchen. When it comes to these decadent cappuccino brownies with cream cheese frosting and glaze, there are a few things you can do to save time and ensure that you always have a delicious treat on hand.
If you’re making these brownies ahead of time or simply have leftovers, the best way to store them is to place them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to one week. To keep them fresh for longer, simply freeze them for up to three months.
When you’re ready to reheat your brownies, preheat your oven to 350°F and place them on a baking sheet for 10-12 minutes, or until they’re warmed through. You can also reheat individual portions in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
If you’re looking for a make-ahead option, these brownies work great! Simply follow the recipe as directed and allow them to fully cool before wrapping them tightly with plastic wrap or placing them in an airtight container. They’ll stay fresh in the freezer for up to three months.
What’s great about these cappuccino brownies is their versatility – you can enjoy them warm with a scoop of ice cream or serve them cold with a cup of coffee any time of day. Whether you decide to store or freeze your leftover brownies or make an extra batch for later, you’ll always have a sweet treat on hand whenever those cravings hit!
Tips for Perfect Results
Ah, cappuccino brownies! The combination of chocolate and coffee is the perfect way to start or end your day. But not all brownies are created equal. If you want a moist, fudgy, and irresistible cappuccino brownie with cream cheese frosting and glaze, here are some tips for perfect results:
Firstly, ensure that you use fresh ingredients. Quality ingredients always make a difference in the taste and texture of baked goods. Check the expiry dates of the eggs, flour, and other perishables before starting the recipe.
Next, measure your ingredients accurately. Baking is a science, and precise measurements make a huge difference. Use measuring cups or a digital scale to ensure that you add the correct amount of each ingredient.
When making the brownie base, be careful not to overmix the batter. Overmixing will create gluten strands that turn your brownies into cake-like texture instead of fudgy. Mix until everything is just incorporated.
For extra depth of flavor, add some chopped walnuts to the batter. Walnuts add a lovely crunch to every bite and bring out their nuttiness when baked into the sweetness of chocolate and coffee.
For perfect cream cheese frosting, ensure that your butter and cream cheese are at room temperature before beating them together. Room temperature softened butter beats into lighter and fluffier frosting than butter creamed straight from the fridge.
When making the chocolate glaze on top of your frosting, take it slow while melting your chocolate over low heat with continuous stirring so as not to burn it.
Lastly, let your brownies cool before cutting. It’s tempting to dive right in, but be sure to let them rest for at least 30 minutes before slicing so that they have time to set properly.
Follow these tips for perfect results you cannot resist., they may look so indulgent but trust me- Your taste buds will thank you for it!
Now that you have all the tools and detailed instructions to make these decadent cappuccino brownies with cream cheese frosting and glaze, I urge you to try this recipe out as soon as possible.
Not only is it a delicious treat to indulge in, but it’s also a great way to impress your friends and family at your next gathering or celebration. The subtle hints of cinnamon and instant espresso powder in the brownie base mixed with the creamy layers of cream cheese frosting are a match made in heaven, and the chocolate glaze on top ties everything together perfectly.
But don’t just take my word for it—try this recipe for yourself and let your taste buds be the judge. And if by chance you have some leftovers, they store well in an airtight container for up to three days in the refrigerator or even longer in the freezer.
So go ahead, gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to enjoy these mouthwatering cappuccino brownies. Your taste buds will thank you!
Cappuccino Brownies With Cream Cheese Frosting and Glaze Recipe
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (don't use unsweetened or semisweet)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder (dissolved in 1/2 tablespoon boiling water)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant espresso powder (dissolved in 1/2 tablespoon boiling water.)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- To make brownie: in a heavy saucepan melt chocolate and butter with espresso mixture over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat and cool the mixture to lukewarm.
- When the mixture is lukewarm whisk in sugar and vanilla.
- Add in eggs whisking well until mixture is glossy and smaooth.
- Stir in flour and salt just until combined.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer the batter to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Cool completely before icing.
- To make frosting: in a bowl with an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in confectioners sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until well combined.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownie layer.
- Chill the brownies for about 1 hour or longer until the frosting is firm.
- To make glaze: In a double boiler melt the chocolate with butter, add in whipping cream and espresso mixture, whisking until smooth; remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Spread glaze carefully over brownies.
- Chill the brownies for at least 3 hours.
- Refrigerate any leftover brownies covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.