Welcome coffee lovers!
Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make coffee cake recipe that combines the warm flavors of cinnamon, walnuts, and sweet pears? Then look no further! My walnut pear cinnamon coffee cake recipe is the perfect way to start your day or finish off a dinner party.
This recipe is the epitome of comfort and luxury in every bite, and it’s inspired by my love for coffee and baked goods. I have always enjoyed making coffee-infused desserts because the rich taste of coffee enhances the flavors of baked goods without overpowering them.
My walnut pear cinnamon coffee cake recipe is no exception. It features a tender and buttery crumb with a hint of cinnamon, which pairs perfectly with spiced pears and crunchy walnuts. It’s also topped with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar for an extra touch of sweetness. Trust me; it’s pure decadence on a plate.
Now that you know what you’re in for let’s get started!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you craving something sweet and comforting that can pair perfectly with a hot cup of coffee? Look no further than this Walnut Pear Cinnamon Coffee Cake recipe! This delicious cake is perfect for any time of day- breakfast, dessert, or even a midnight snack.
With its moist texture and delightful combination of flavors, this cake recipe will make your taste buds dance with joy. The sweet and juicy pears add a burst of freshness, while the walnuts provide a crunchy texture and a nutty taste. The warm cinnamon flavor in every bite gives that cozy feeling we all need on chilly days.
Not only is this cake easy to make, but it is also versatile. You can change it up by substituting the pears for apples or adding ginger to spice things up. You can even create a crumb topping with brown sugar to take this cake from great to outstanding.
This recipe is perfect not just for your own indulgence but also as a gift to your loved ones. Imagine starting your day with a slice of freshly baked coffee cake and a hot cup of coffee or enjoying it after dinner with some ice cream. Trust me; this cake will become an instant favorite in no time!
So next time you are looking for a simple yet scrumptious treat, give this Walnut Pear Cinnamon Coffee Cake a shot! Not only is it packed with wholesome ingredients that are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth, but it’s also incredibly versatile and perfect for any occasion. Give it a try today and thank us later!
Before making a delicious Walnut Pear Cinnamon Coffee Cake, let’s gather all the ingredients we need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ripe pears, peeled and cored
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
We will use some of these ingredients for both the cake recipe and the pear coffee. We cannot make a good coffee cake without quality ingredients!
The Recipe How-To
Now that you know why this Walnut Pear Cinnamon Coffee Cake is a must-try recipe, it’s time for us to get into the how-to of this fantastic dessert. Don’t worry, even if you’re not much of a baker, you’ll be able to nail this recipe with the straightforward instructions I’m about to provide.
Preheat and Prepare
First things first: preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). While waiting for the oven to heat, take out a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and lightly coat it with cooking spray or butter to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan.
Prepare The Cake Recipe Ingredients
Next, get started on the cake batter by combining 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon in a medium-size bowl. Mix these dry ingredients together thoroughly before setting aside.
Spiced Pear Mixture
With the dry ingredients ready, it’s time to work on the spiced pear mixture. Grab another medium-size bowl and add 4 cups of sliced pears that have been peeled and cored, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar in it. Then sprinkle over them 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger powder. Toss everything until well combined.
Combine Wet Ingredients
In another large mixing bowl cream together 3/4 cup of softened butter and 2 cups of granulated sugar until they become pale yellow and fluffy. After that mix in with them three large room temperature eggs and one tablespoon of vanilla extract until just combined.
Mix Dry Ingredients With Wet Ingredients
Gradually add the dry ingredients mixture from the medium-size bowl to the sugar-butter mixture from the large mixing bowl while continuously mixing in low speed. Mix until the flour disappears and there are no lumps.
Reserve Some Spiced Pear Mixture
Next spoon half of the cake batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth out the surface. Then sprinkle 1 cup of chopped walnuts over the top and spread 1/3 of the spiced pear mixture available on top of it. Repeat this process with another layer of batter, nuts, and another third of spiced pear mixture.
After that pour in a final layer of batter over the pears, smoothing out the surface as you go. Add a final layer of spiced pear mixture on top as well.
Bake Walnut Pear Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Before baking, make sure to cover the disperse topping evenly using a spatula or some parchment paper. Then pop your walnut pear coffee cake into your preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the
Substitutions and Variations
What I particularly love about this walnut pear cinnamon coffee cake recipe is that you can customize it based on your preferences or with ingredients readily available in your pantry. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try:
– Flour: If you’re looking for a gluten-free option, you can substitute all-purpose flour with almond flour or coconut flour.
– Sugar: Instead of using granulated sugar, you can use brown sugar or honey to give the cake a richer flavor.
– Pears: You can swap pears with apples or peaches depending on the season or what’s available in your local market.
– Walnuts: If you’re allergic to nuts, replace chopped walnuts with raisins, dried cranberries or chocolate chips.
– Spices: Add a pinch of nutmeg or ginger to the cinnamon mixture for an extra layer of warmth and depth.
– Topping: You can use crumb toppings made from oats, pecans, or even graham crackers instead of walnuts and brown sugar.
Regardless of the substitutions and variations you choose to make, this recipe will surely satisfy your craving for something sweet and delicious. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors until you find the perfect combination that matches your taste buds. Happy baking!
Serving and Pairing
This coffee cake is absolutely delightful on its own, but it can be even better when paired with a few things. Here are some of my favorite suggestions for serving and pairing:
– Serve warm: Fresh out of the oven, this coffee cake smells and tastes amazing, and you’ll enjoy the soft texture of the pears and the crunchiness of the walnuts combined with the warm cinnamon scent. You can top it with a drizzle of confectioners’ sugar or vanilla yogurt to add extra flavor.
– Pair with coffee: As a barista, I have to suggest this pairing, but in all honesty, it’s a perfect match. This sweet treat goes incredibly well with a cup of hot or iced coffee, creating that cozy coffee shop vibe.
– Add whipped cream: Whipped cream will take this dessert to the next level! Place a dollop of whipped cream on top of your slice and sprinkle some cinnamon on top for an extra kick.
– Make it part of a dessert platter: It’s fun to serve this pear walnut coffee cake alongside other desserts such as apple pie or pound cake. You can also add some fresh berries like blueberries or raspberries with a touch of spices like cinnamon or ginger as a garnish.
– Bring it to potluck: This recipe serves about eight people, so take it along to your next potluck gathering. However, be aware that once you let everyone take their piece, anything that survives cannot survive in your car on your ride home.
Serve this walnut pear cinnamon coffee cake any time of day – it pairs perfectly with breakfasts or as an after-dinner delight. A perfect blend of sweet and fruity notes make this delightful recipe ideal for any occasion!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
This walnut pear cinnamon coffee cake recipe is perfect for a lazy Sunday morning breakfast, but it’s also great for entertaining guests. If you’re having guests over, you can make this cake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When you’re ready to serve it, simply take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature before slicing.
If you have any leftovers, keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Just be sure to let the cake come to room temperature before serving.
To reheat the cake, you can either microwave it for a few seconds or put it in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes. This will help bring back the freshness and make it taste like it was just baked.
If you want to make this cake ahead of time, mix together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine all the wet ingredients separately in another bowl. You can store both mixtures separately in the fridge overnight and mix them together when you’re ready to bake.
Remember, always wrap your baked goods tightly to prevent them from drying out or absorbing any unwanted flavors from your fridge. And don’t forget to sprinkle some confectioners’ sugar on top before serving for an added touch of sweetness!
Tips for Perfect Results
Let me share with you some tips that will help you achieve perfect results with this delicious Walnut Pear Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe.
1. Use fresh and high-quality ingredients
The quality of the ingredients is key to the success of any recipe, and this coffee cake recipe is no exception. Make sure to use fresh and high-quality ingredients, including the pears, walnuts, cinnamon, butter, and flour.
2. Properly measure your ingredients
To ensure consistency in baking, it’s important to measure your ingredients accurately. For best results, use measuring cups and spoons for dry ingredients and a kitchen scale for wet ingredients like butter.
3. Don’t overmix the batter
Overmixing can make the cake tough and dense. Only mix until the ingredients are combined, and do not overdo it.
4. Preheat the oven properly
Make sure to preheat your oven properly before baking. This ensures that the cake bakes evenly and prevents undercooking or overcooking.
5. Use a toothpick to test for doneness
Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake to test if it’s done. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready to be removed from the oven.
6. Allow to cool before serving
Allow the coffee cake to cool completely before serving or adding any frosting or decoration on top.
Following these tips will help ensure that you create a Walnut Pear Cinnamon Coffee Cake that is perfectly moist and deliciously flavored that one can’t resist eating more than one slice!
And there you have it – my delicious recipe for Walnut Pear Cinnamon Coffee Cake is complete. I hope that you enjoyed learning how to make this delectable treat and will consider adding it to your baking repertoire. Trust me, your taste buds (and those of your family and friends) will thank you.
The best part about this recipe is that it is so versatile. Whether you want to switch up the type of fruit, add more spice, or experiment with different toppings, the possibilities are endless. With each variation, you can create a new flavor experience that is sure to delight your taste buds.
So next time you want to indulge in something sweet and satisfying, give this recipe a try. I guarantee that it will become a staple in your dessert arsenal. Plus, what’s better than enjoying a slice of homemade cake with a nice cup of coffee on a lazy Sunday morning?
I truly believe that food brings people together and what better way to do that than through delicious desserts like this Walnut Pear Cinnamon Coffee Cake. So bake on, my friends – I can’t wait to see what amazing creations you’ll come up with!
Walnut Pear Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium ripe pear, peeled,cored &,sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together; set aside.
- Toss pears in cinnamon; set aside Mix all crumb mixture ingredients together; set aside.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract; add eggs one at a time.
- Add yogure and flour mixture alternately.
- Spread 2/3 in the bottom of a lightly greased 9" springform pan.
- Sprinkle half the crumb mixture over the batter.
- Layer pears over the topping.
- Gently spread the rest of the batter over the pears and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 55-60 minutes or until cake test done.
- Whisk together confectioners sugar, yogurt and cinnamon.
- Cool cake slightly if serving warm, or cool completely before drizzling with cinnamon glaze.