A Mouth-Watering Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
Welcome, coffee lovers! Today, I’m going to give you the most tantalizing recipe for raspberry cream cheese coffee cake that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Imagine a moist, buttery cake with a creamy cheesecake filling, juicy raspberries, and a crunchy streusel topping. Are you salivating yet? Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat with your morning cup of coffee or a delectable dessert after dinner, this recipe is sure to hit the spot.
What sets our recipe apart from the rest is the lovely balance of flavors that it brings. The fresh raspberries do wonders in lending an overall fruity note, while the delicate cheesecake filling adds some creaminess to make every bite an experience in paradise. The crumbly streusel topping gives it the necessary crunch and complements the sweet topping. The luscious taste of this raspberry cream cheese coffee cake is sure to captivate your senses.
Whether you want to impress guests with your baking skills or just satisfy your own sweet cravings, this raspberry cream cheese coffee cake will not disappoint. So gather up all the ingredients and follow my lead. It’s time to whip up some magic in your kitchen!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Hold on to your taste buds because this recipe is a game-changer! This Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe is sure to win over any breakfast, brunch, or dessert lover with its moist, buttery cake and creamy cheesecake filling.
But why will you love this recipe? For starters, it’s packed with the perfect amount of fresh raspberries that add a juicy and slightly crunchy texture to every bite. Plus, the raspberry preserves and lemon juice create a tartness that pairs perfectly with the cream cheese filling.
This recipe is also adaptable to different dietary needs as it can be made low-carb or keto by replacing a few ingredients such as all-purpose flour with almond flour and adding sugar substitutes. The versatility of this recipe means that you can enjoy it while sticking to your healthy eating plan or treat yourself without any guilt.
On top of all that, the cake has an irresistible crumb mixture and a crunchy streusel topping which makes for a delicious breakfast indulgence or impressive dessert to serve at your next dinner party.
So go ahead, give in to your cravings and whip up this delectable Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. With every bite of this moist buttery cake and creamy cheesecake filling mixed with juicy raspberries and crunchy streusel topping, you’ll fall more in love with this recipe every time you make it.
Here is what you’ll need to make this Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake recipe:
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For The Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Note: You can easily make this cake using low carb and keto-friendly ingredients. You can substitute sugar with keto approved sweeteners, and use almond or coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour. You can also use raspberry preserves or jam instead of fresh raspberries.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s dive into the recipe. This Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is a moist, buttery cake with a creamy cheesecake filling, juicy raspberries, and a crunchy streusel topping. Follow the steps below to make the perfect treat for your family and friends.
Step 1: Prepare Your Ingredients
– Start by preheating your oven to 350℉ (175℃).
– In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
– Set aside the dry ingredients and grab another bowl to combine ½ cup of unsalted butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 large egg. Next add in 2/3cups of 2% low-fat milk, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and whisk well.
– Gently fold in the dry ingredients mixture into the wet ingredients and carefully stir until there are no visible flour pockets.
Step 2: Make the Cream Cheese Filling
– Grab another bowl, beat 8 oz of cream cheese until soft and fluffy using an electric mixer.
– Add in half a cup of sugar, one egg, two teaspoons of vanilla extract, one tablespoon lemon juice, and mix again with an electric mixer.
Step 3: Assemble the Coffee Cake
– Grease a 9/10 inch springform pan with some butter.
– Pour half of the cake batter into the pan. Spread it evenly with a spatula or spoon.
– Next, add spoonfuls of cream cheese filling on top of the batter. Use a knife to swirl them around with the batter.
– Sprinkle fresh raspberries on top of the cream cheese filling.
– Cover the raspberries with the remaining half of the cake batter. Spread it again until even.
– Get started on making the crumb mixture. Take a small bowl; combine 1/4 flour, 1/4 sugar, 1/4 cups butter and cinnamon. Keep mixing them until you have a crumbly mixture.
– Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cake batter and raspberries.
Step 4: Bake Your Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
– Once done creating layers, put the cake in the preheated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
– Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes before releasing it from the springform pan.
Serve warm and Enjoy your slice of deliciousness!
Substitutions and Variations
While this raspberry cream cheese coffee cake recipe is undoubtedly delicious as written, there are a few substitutions and variations you can make to put a unique spin on the recipe or accommodate your dietary preferences.
If you’re looking for a healthier option, consider using 2% low-fat milk instead of whole milk. You can even go one step further and replace butter with low-fat margarine to significantly reduce the fat content of the cake while still achieving that rich, moist buttery flavor.
For those following a keto or low-carb diet, you can swap out the all-purpose flour in the cake batter for almond flour or coconut flour. This substitution will give you a denser cake with a slightly nutty flavor that still pairs well with the juicy raspberries and creamy cheesecake filling.
Instead of fresh raspberries, you can use raspberry preserves or raspberry jam as an alternative. These substitutes will provide a slightly sweeter and tangier taste profile that’s perfect if you love things on the sweeter side.
Are you bored of coffee cake but still craving something sweet? Try making raspberry crumble bars by pressing half of the coffee cake batter into a square dish, topping it with fresh raspberries, and then adding the remaining batter on top. Finish it off with some brown sugar cinnamon crumble topping and bake until golden brown.
Overall, experimenting with different substitutions and variations in this recipe can take this classic dessert to new heights!
Serving and Pairing
This raspberry cream cheese coffee cake is a wonderful addition to any morning or afternoon coffee time. It’s a moist buttery cake with a creamy cheesecake filling and juicy raspberries surrounded by a crunchy streusel topping. Serve thick slices of this beauty with your favorite cup of coffee or tea, and you’ll have yourself a delightful pairing.
If you prefer something cold to go with your cake, try serving it with a glass of milk. For tea lovers, a hot cup of black tea will do the trick. The natural sweetness of the raspberries and cream cheese balancing out perfectly with the earthy bitterness of the tea.
Alternatively, pair this cake with fresh raspberries or berry compote, along with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top, for an indulgent dessert.
As this is quite an indulgent recipe, it’s best saved for special occasions. When it comes to serving sizes, one slice is usually more than enough for one person. This recipe yields around 8-10 slices that are perfect for sharing over good conversations.
In summary, this raspberry cream cheese coffee cake is versatile and pairs well with various beverages such as coffee, tea, milk or even fresh berry compote. Remember to enjoy everything in moderation whilst taking your tastebuds to a magical journey.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
As a barista and coffee aficionado, I understand the importance of having a delicious breakfast every day. That is why I am thrilled to share my raspberry cream cheese coffee cake recipe with you. This cake is moist, buttery, creamy, and filled with juicy raspberries that provide a crunchy texture to every bite. You will love this breakfast treat so much that you will want to make it ahead of time, store it properly, and reheat it for an on-the-go breakfast.
Making this raspberry cream cheese coffee cake ahead of time is easy. You can bake it the day before you plan to serve it and keep it in the fridge overnight. This will allow the flavors to meld together even more and infuse the cake with a richer taste. Just cover it with plastic wrap or an airtight lid to help prevent it from drying out.
Storing your leftover raspberry cream cheese coffee cake correctly is crucial in ensuring its quality stays intact. A wise tip is to cut it into portions or slices and store them individually in airtight containers. This makes reheating faster since you only take out what you need, stop it from drying out, and give each slice equal amounts of moistness.
When reheating your raspberry cream cheese coffee cake slices in the microwave, make sure to do so at 10-second intervals until heated through. Overheating your cake could cause the filling to become hard, which would negatively impact your overall experience.
This fantastic raspberry cream cheese coffee cake recipe can be made ahead of time, stored correctly, and reheated conveniently for an on-the-go breakfast or a leisurely morning at home. Keeping these tips in mind will help preserve its moistness so that you can continue enjoying its delicious taste day after day.
Tips for Perfect Results
Here are some tips to ensure you get a perfect raspberry cream cheese coffee cake:
Firstly, make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before you begin mixing the batter. This ensures proper emulsification and even baking. Take out the butter and cream cheese from the fridge at least an hour before you start making the cake.
It’s also essential to measure your ingredients correctly, especially the flour. Too much flour can result in a dry cake, and too little can cause it to be too moist. Use a digital scale if possible for accuracy.
When mixing the batter, be sure not to overmix it, as this can result in a tough cake. Mix all your ingredients until they are just combined, then stop.
If you prefer a lighter and fluffier cake, sift your dry ingredients together before adding them to your batter.
To prevent your raspberries from sinking to the bottom of the cake while baking, mix them lightly with flour before gently folding them into the batter.
When making the streusel topping, make sure the butter is cold and cut into small cubes to ensure evenly distributed chunks throughout the topping. Use a fork or pastry cutter to mix in the butter for best results.
For optimum flavor and texture, let the cake cool completely before slicing into it. The cream cheese filling needs time to set up properly, and cutting into it too soon can result in a messy cake.
Lastly, don’t be afraid to experiment with different variations of this recipe! Swap out raspberries for blackberries or blueberries, or try mixing in some almond extract into the cream cheese filling for a unique twist.
Follow these tips, and you’ll have a moist, buttery cake with creamy cheesecake filling, juicy raspberries, and crunchy streusel topping that’s sure to impress your family and friends!
In conclusion, the Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is a must-try recipe for all coffee lovers who enjoy indulging in decadent desserts. Not only does it have the perfect balance of moist buttery cake and creamy cheesecake filling, but it is also loaded with juicy raspberries and crunchy streusel topping, making it a delicious treat for any occasion.
Whether you are looking for a showstopper dessert to impress your guests or a sweet treat to accompany your morning coffee, this recipe delivers both in flavor and presentation. What’s more, it can easily be adapted to fit different dietary restrictions such as low-carb or keto by substituting certain ingredients.
So go ahead, give this recipe a try and experience the delightful flavors of raspberry cream cheese coffee cake first hand. With its irresistible taste and easy-to-follow instructions, you will not regret making it a staple in your dessert repertoire.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
- 12 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or raspberry extract)
- 3 -4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3 cups fresh raspberries (not frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- FILLING: In a bowl with an electric mixer beat together cream cheese and sugar. Add egg, lemon juice, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- STREUSEL: In a small bowl blend together butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- BATTER: In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla and beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and in batches slowly beat into butter mixture alternately with milk. Fold in raspberries gently but thoroughly.
- ASSEMBLE: Spread 2 1/2 cups batter in bottom of baking dish. Spread filling evenly on top.
- Drop spoonfuls of remaining batter on filling and spread evenly (be careful not to mix layers).
- Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter. Bake coffeecake in middle of oven 1 hour , until golden and a tester comes out clean.